Friday, January 29

Settling In


Today we took a tour of the campus. It was so overwhelming, because there are actually TWO campuses and they're both quite big. North campus (where I live) is really modern and has pretty ugly buildings. They're a bit worn down and have a bunch of ugly colors... (seriously, orange and red?? come on..) But we took the bridge over to south and it's like a completely different era... All the buildings are hundreds of years old and breathtakingly beautiful. I really don't know if I can leave Ireland now that I've seen south campus. It's so my style. There's a secret garden (picture) and it has stone for you to walk through the pond... and it's right in front of the cathedral. Doesn't get much better. I'm definitely coming back really soon with my DSLR and taking a LOT of pictures of this place =) But I still need to go take pictures of the town too!!

After the tour a group of us walked into town to get cell phones. We had to go all the way to Tesco, but it was so worth it. I finally have an Irish phone and can text and call people here!! It was kinda of expensive, but it's a pretty nice phone =) It's just so sad that I can't contact anyone from back home.

My life sort of feels on overdrive. Everything is happening really really fast. Tomorrow's my birthday and we're going into Dublin, but I can't believe it's already Saturday!!!!!! It still feels like I just got here yesterday... Well I need to go get ready for a night on the town. It's 6 here and all the international students are meeting at the Roost (a local pub, left) to get to know each other better. Hopefully I'll have a great night and an even better birthday tomorrow!

Cheers!!
Megan =)

No comments:

Post a Comment