Wednesday, February 10

Joining the Irish

Well it's been exactly two weeks now, and it feels like it's been two months. I feel right at home, surrounded by friends that have made my life so much more enjoyable. I have close friends from France, Germany, Italy, Austria, England, Palestine, and even America! Hopefully I'll learn from this cultural mixture and be more accepting of differences =) Oh, yeah -- and I forgot to mention my Irish friends. So far I haven't really met a whole lot of Irish folk, other than the Gaelic football team and a few other random lads. But they're absolutely hysterical. I love the Irish accent and I'm beginning to fall in love with the culture. I'm seriously thinking about moving here once i graduate from college in America. I don't know how to leave a place so saturated in history.

The architecture is just stunning as well. I love photography and took my DLSR over to south campus to shoot a few of the buildings and ended up spending 3 hours on only a quarter of the campus!! The rest of my pictures can be found at http://www.facebook.com/album.phpaid=2032426&id=1166430252
Beyond that, nothing new has really happened. I've just been enjoying my time with my friends and doing everything I can to have fun! I cooked an authentic Italian meal with an Italian, had an Irish guy cook me dinner, and ate a delicious meal at a local pub. I jumped the train to Dublin and went through an epic viking museum, watching Brendan get into a fight with the gift shop owner along the way. Well, those are my epic adventures for now. I'll be back later with more stories to share =)

No comments:

Post a Comment