Friday, March 26

An Irish Prom

Well, for the first time ever NUI Maynooth held a Prom!! Although they have a similar dance for Irish students in secondary school, they have never experienced a Prom. Being an American, I was pretty excited to go! Meagan, Mary, and I found out about it in the school newspaper, and quickly arranged some dates. Mary went with her boyfriend, Ben; Meagan with her French friend, Tom; and I with my German friend, Hendrik. We immediately ran into Dublin upon deciding to go and got some super cute dresses, shoes, jewelry, the works.

So, once Tuesday night rolled around, we all got ready in our dresses! I wore a coral-colored cocktail dress with black shoes. I had a white corsage and pinned a white boutonniere to my date, Hendrik. Once everyone was ready, took a huge taxi over that fit our group of ten. Once we got there, we took couples pictures and sat down for a three course meal of delicious Irish food. After dinner, we danced to a live band, followed by a fun night in the dance club next door. I finished the night on a wonderful note with all my friends. It was a delight reliving my Prom experiences and finally going to one more!

No comments:

Post a Comment